Prep: 10 m | Cook: 25 m
Sweet Potato Fries with Jalapeño-Onion Ranch Dip
Recipe courtesy of Patricia from Grab a Plate on behalf of Hidden Valley
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 25 m
- Total 35 m
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and ends trimmed
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, ends trimmed, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and membrane removed, diced small
- shredded Parmesan and fresh parsley for garnish
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1. Add the mix from the packet to a medium bowl. Combine with the Greek yogurt, softened cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, the green onions and jalapeño. Toss to combine.
- 2. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- 4. Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then slice each half lengthwise again. Cut the potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- 5. Toss the cut potatoes with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. (You may need to do this in two batches.)
- 6. Add the potatoes to the baking sheets in a single layer. Bake for 15–25 minutes (depending on your oven), tossing them several times as they cook.
- 7. Bake until tender and golden. Remove from the oven and allow the sweet potatoes to cool slightly before serving.
- 8. Add to a plate and garnish with the shredded Parmesan and fresh parsley.
Serve with the Jalapeño-Onion Ranch Dip.
Add a mix of root vegetables with these sweet potatoes for a colorful, earthy blend of fries. Parsnips and celery root cook at the same rate and would make a great accompaniment to this dish.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.