Warm French Onion Dip
Write a review
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Creamy Spinach Parmesan Warm Dip & Appetizer Mix
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 8-ounce bricks softened cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup croutons
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. In a pan set over medium-low heat, melt the butter until foaming. Add the sliced onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and caramelized, about 20 minutes. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, turn the heat to high and add the beef broth and sherry vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 2. Meanwhile, add softened cream cheese, milk, and contents of packet to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Whisk until blended. Place back in microwave and heat on high for additional 2½ minutes. Whisk until well blended. Stir in onion mixture, sour cream, croutons, and chives.
- 3. Refrigerate or discard any unused portions within 2 hours of heating.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.