Whole Wheat Orzo Salad with Peas, Zucchini and Tomato
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 20 m
- Total 35 m
- 8 oz. whole wheat orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups about 2 medium diced zucchini
- 1½ cups peas, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch® Cucumber Basil Ranch
- chopped fresh basil for garnish
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions in a pot of well-salted water. Drain, toss orzo with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and spread out on a sheet pan to cool.
- 2. While the pasta is cooking, warm the remaining olive oil in a pan set over medium heat. Add the zucchini and peas, and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened but not mushy, about 5 minutes. Spread vegetables on the pan with the orzo and let sit until everything has cooled.
- 3. Toss orzo, cooked vegetables and tomatoes in a large bowl with the Cucumber Basil Ranch until evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4. Garnish with chopped fresh basil right before serving.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.