Ranch Kale Chips
Write a review
- 1 bunch lacinato kale
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2–3 teaspoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1. Preheat oven to 275°F.
- 2. Wash and dry the kale thoroughly, and remove the tough inner ribs from each leaf. Cut into bite-size pieces. In a bowl, toss the leaves with the oil and Salad Dressing & Seasoning mix, using your hands to massage the seasoning into the leaves.
- 3. Spread leaves in one layer on two lightly greased baking sheets. Place in oven and bake until crisped and starting to brown on the edges, about 20–25 minutes.
- 4. About halfway through cooking time, remove tray, shake or redistribute leaves with a spatula, and switch the positions of the trays in the oven. If some of the leaves start to get brown and crisp before the others, it’s OK to remove and place the unfinished ones back in the oven.
- 5. Tip: Get the lacinato (also called Dino or Tuscan) kale for this recipe, as the leaves hold up best. If you can’t find that, it’s fine to substitute curly kale. Some heads are bigger than others, so you may need to adjust the amount of oil and seasoning, as indicated below.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.