- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 cup raw, baby spinach
- 1 large, whole wheat, burrito-size tortilla (10-12 inches)
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 zucchini squash
- 1-2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dressing
- 4 cherry tomatoes halved
- olive oil for drizzling
Preheat oven to 375°F. Halve onion, pepper (remove seeds) and squash, and toss in olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast on baking sheet until tender, about 30 minutes, turning halfway through. Cool and chop veggies, mix together into a roasted vegetables, and set aside in small bowl. Lay the tortilla flat on the counter. Place the spinach, carrots, tomatoes and cheese in the lower third of the tortilla. Drizzle on the Hidden Valley ® The Original Ranch ® and top with a few spoons of the roasted vegetables. Roll tightly away from you, folding in the sides of the burrito as you go. Wrap tightly in wax paper, and then cut in half. Serves 2.
• Wax paper helps keep the wrap secure and mess-free.
• For smaller children, use smaller tortillas and less filling.
• Try this recipe with your favorite sandwich: add roasted vegetable relish and Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing to your ham and cheese, for instance.
• Sweetness of the roasted vegetables plus the crunch of raw veggies along with the HVR kids love is a great combination.
• Feel free to change up the veggies to suit the season and your tastes!
Mushrooms, sprouts, cucumber are just a few ideas.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.