Slow-Cooker Ranch-Rubbed Whole Chicken
- Prep 5 m
- Cook 4 h
- Total 4 h 5 m
- 3-4 lb. whole chicken
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1. Place the chicken into the pot of a slow cooker. Rub the Ranch seasoning mix all over the skin and inside the cavity of the chicken. Halve lemon, and stuff the two halves into the cavity. Pour broth around the chicken.
- 2. Following manufacturer’s instructions for the slow cooker, set to cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours (cook until internal temperature reached 165ºF).
- 3. Right before removing chicken, turn on the broiler, and place a rack in the center of the oven. Place chicken into a small, shallow dish or baking sheet, and put in the oven. Broil for 5-10 minutes, until the skin is golden brown and crisp. Serve warm.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.