- ¼ cup sliced olives
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow squash on the diagonal, sliced thinly
- 1 zucchini sliced thinly, on the diagonal
- 2 slices onion about ½ inch thick
- 3 ounces Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 4 slices 50% reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices Italian bread (or any good sandwich bread)
- 6 mushrooms sliced
Wash the peppers, zucchini, squash and mushrooms and carefully slice peppers and mushrooms into strips and zucchini and squash on the diagonal.
Place all of the sliced vegetables on a foil-covered cookie sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Broil the peppers, zucchini, squash, mushrooms and onions on the middle rack for about 15 minutes.
Heat your contact grill. If you don’t have one, you can use a skillet.
Spread Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® bottled dressing* on the bread and layer on the vegetables of your choice. Top with mozzarella cheese and cover with top slice of bread.
Coat the grill (or skillet) with non-stick cooking spray. Place the sandwich on the grill and close the cover for about 3-4 minutes.
If you’re using a skillet, place the panini in it and put a smaller heavy skillet on top of the sandwich, pressing the bread together and making an authentic panini. Wait 2 minutes, then turn the sandwich so the other side gets toasty too.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.