Pepper Plus Panini
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow squash on the diagonal, sliced thinly
- 1 zucchini sliced thinly, on the diagonal
- 2 slices onion about ½ inch thick
- 3 ounces Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 4 slices 50% reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices Italian bread (or any good sandwich bread)
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- 1. Wash the peppers, zucchini, squash and mushrooms and carefully slice peppers and mushrooms into strips and zucchini and squash on the diagonal.
- 2. Place all of the sliced vegetables on a foil-covered cookie sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Broil the peppers, zucchini, squash, mushrooms and onions on the middle rack for about 15 minutes.
- 3. Heat your contact grill. If you don’t have one, you can use a skillet.
- 4. Spread Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® bottled dressing* on the bread and layer on the vegetables of your choice. Top with mozzarella cheese and cover with top slice of bread.
- 5. Coat the grill (or skillet) with non-stick cooking spray. Place the sandwich on the grill and close the cover for about 3-4 minutes.
- 6. If you’re using a skillet, place the panini in it and put a smaller heavy skillet on top of the sandwich, pressing the bread together and making an authentic panini. Wait 2 minutes, then turn the sandwich so the other side gets toasty too.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.