Slow Cooker Ranch BBQ Pulled Pork open face sandwich
- Prep 5 m
- Cook 6 h
- Total 6 h 5 m
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut, if necessary, to fit into the slow cooker
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece® Original Barbeque Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Thick country bread
- Coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- sliced red onions (optional)
- 1. Place pork into a slow cooker. Rub on all sides with the ranch seasoning mix. Stir the barbecue sauce with the mustard, and pour on top of the pork, covering as much as possible. Cover the pot and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- 2. Remove pork from the slow cooker and pour the sauce into a saucepan. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until sauce has reduced slightly. While sauce is simmering, shred the meat with two forks. Stir back into the reduced sauce.
- 3. Toast thick country bread. Top with a heaping serving of the pulled pork. Toss coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, and pile on top of the pulled pork. Alternatively, simply top the pork with sliced red onions. Serve immediately.