Creamy Ranch Broccoli Soup
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 10 m
- Total 25 m
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dressing
- 1 bunch broccoli cut into florets, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 sourdough or French roll (optional)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups low-fat chicken broth
- salt freshly ground, pepper
- 1. Steam or cook broccoli florets till tender, about 15 minutes and set aside.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, combine the cooked broccoli and ¾ cup of broth. Process about 1 minute or till smooth and set aside.
- 3. In a medium saucepan, over a medium low heat, melt the butter. Whisk the flour into the butter, and stir until thick. Gradually add the remaining broth, continuing to stir until smooth. Fold in the dressing, and milk, and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring, until the mixture has thickened.
- 4. Add the broccoli mixture, stirring until smooth and heated through. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- 5. Serving Suggestion:
- 6. Serve soup in a bread bowl for added flavor and texture.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.