Grilled Chicken and Cucumber Basil Pitas
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 15 m
- Total 30 m
- 1 pound (2–3 total) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium English cucumber, peeled and cut into half moons (about 2 cups total)
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch® Cucumber Basil Ranch
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 4 whole wheat pita halves
- 1. Preheat a grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Grease the grates to prevent sticking.
- 2. Season the chicken breasts with the salt and pepper evenly. Let sit for at least 15-20 minutes, seasoned, while the grill heats.
- 3. Grill the chicken breasts for about 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness, until no longer pink in the center and a thermometer reads 165°F, flipping once halfway through cooking. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into ½-inch-thick slices.
- 4. Meanwhile, mix the cucumbers with the dressing and set aside.
- 5. When ready to assemble, place one butter lettuce leaf inside each pita half. Divide the chicken between the pitas, and spoon the cucumber salad in after. Serve warm or cold.
Note: Want to add some flavor? Swap out the salt & pepper and sprinkle chicken breasts with half a packet of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.