Chicken and Broccoli Braid
Courtesy of Allrecipes.com
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 8-oz. packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss together chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, garlic, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, dill weed, salt, almonds and onion.
- 3. Unroll crescent roll dough, and arrange flat on a medium baking sheet. Pinch together perforations to form a single sheet of dough. Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides. There should be a solid strip about 3 inches wide down the center, with the cut strips forming a fringe down each side. Spread the chicken mixture along the center strip. Fold the side strips over chicken mixture, alternating strips from each side. Pinch or twist to seal.
- 4. Brush braided dough with the egg white. Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 28 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.