Prep: 10 m | Cook: 10 m
Peas and Pasta Salad
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 10 m
- Total 20 m
Servings: 4 to 7
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light dressing
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta preferably corkscrew
- 10 ounces frozen peas thawed
- 2 large carrots peeled, coarsely grated
- 6 slices bacon crumbled, cooked until crisp
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Cook the pasta in boiling water as directed on box for al dente, about 8 minutes.
- 2. Drain and place the cooked pasta in a large bowl filled with ice water to stop the pasta from over cooking. Stir until pasta is cool then drain in a colander shaking to release as much water as possible.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix pasta with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing and mix to coat. Add in the peas, carrots, and bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Cook’s note: If making ahead of time, cover and refrigerated the salad until ready to serve, then add the bacon right before serving.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.