Smoked Chicken Stuffed with Ranch Zucchini
- Prep 30 m
- Cook 3 h
- Total 3 h 30 m
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Sauce Original
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 large roasting chicken (5–6 pounds)
- 1½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper divided
- 2 tablespoons KC Masterpiece® BBQ Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 4 medium red potatoes chopped
- 1. Light grill using Kingsford® Charcoal with Sure Fire Grooves®. Rinse inside and outside of chicken. Season inside with salt and pepper. Season outside with barbecue seasoning.
- 2. Place garlic and all vegetables, except potatoes, into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle vegetables with dressing mix, salt and pepper; mix together.
- 3. Stuff cavity of chicken with half of vegetable mixture. Place chicken in shallow baking dish.
- 4. Mix potatoes with remaining vegetables. Place onto pieces of foil; fold sides over and seal tightly, forming small cooking pockets. Poke a few holes top of pocket.
- 5. Mound coals on one side of grill. Place chicken on side of grill without coals; grill. Baste outside of chicken with barbecue sauce every hour of cooking. Grill for 3 hours until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F.
- 6. After 2 hours, place foil pouch with potato-vegetable mixture on grill. Remove from grill with chicken.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.