Mississippi Roast Recipe
Our Mississippi Roast turns your slow cooker into a savory cauldron of zesty goodness for the ultimate weeknight delicacy. Shake on the HVR Seasoning before, during and after – and keep a ladle handy because your whole family will be coming back for seconds, thirds and fourths.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 3–4 pounds boneless chuck roast boneless chuck roast
- kosher salt kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼–½ cup flour, as needed (optional) all-purpose flour, as needed (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil olive oil
- ½ cup beef broth beef broth
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Salad® Dressing & Seasoning Mix Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning, Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix Packet
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter unsalted butter
- 8 pepperoncini whole pepperoncini
- bread bread, cooked egg noodles, or potatoes for serving
- Season chuck roast generously with salt and pepper. Rub enough flour over the roast to evenly coat the surface.
- In a large skillet pan, warm oil over high heat until very hot but not smoking. Sear the roast until browned and crusty on all sides, about 10 minutes total.
- Place roast in the pot of a slow cooker. Pour beef broth around the roast, then sprinkle with seasoning mix, top with butter, and scatter pepperoncini over and around the roast.
- Cover the slow cooker and set on low heat for 7 to 8 hours. When ready, shred the meat, mixing with the sauce in the slow cooker, and serve over bread, egg noodles, or potatoes.Time-saving tip: In a rush? Swap the flour for one 1-ounce package of dry au jus gravy mix and skip the step for browning the meat.