Almond Chicken Salad
- ½ cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ lb. sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1½ tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together the onions, carrot, red pepper, peas, chicken, cilantro and almonds. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce and dry mustard until smooth. Pour over salad mixture and toss until coated. Serve in pita pockets or on a bed of lettuce.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.