Open Faced Tuna & Cheese Sandwiches
Write a review
- 1 (12 oz.) can white tuna, drained and flaked
- ¼ cup (plus 8 teaspoons) Hidden Valley® Garlic Parmesan Sandwich Spread & Dip, divided
- ¼ cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 slices honey multi-grain bread, toasted
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine ¼ cup sandwich spread and tuna. Gently mix to combine. Add olives and gently fold in.
- 2. Spread 2 teaspoons Garlic Parmesan Sandwich Spread on each slice of toast. Spread one quarter of the tuna mixture on top of each slice of toasted bread.
- 3. Top each sandwich with even amounts of cheddar cheese. Place in toaster oven or under the broiler to melt cheese, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Serve with carrot sticks and additional Hidden Valley® Garlic Parmesan Sandwich Spread & Dip for dipping.
- 5. Tip: If you like it spicy, substitute Hidden Valley® Spicy Chipotle Pepper Sandwich Spread & Dip in place of the Garlic Parmesan Sandwich Spread.
- 6. Replace the black olives with any of your favorite tuna salad mix-ins like pickle relish, chopped celery and chopped onions.
- 7. For a no-cook version, serve the tuna salad on crackers.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.