Steak Fries with Veracruz Ranch Dip
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Hilah Johnson from HilahCooking.com
Write a review
- 3 large russet potatoes (approx. ½ lb. each)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1. Set oven to 425ºF/220ºC
- 2. Scrub potatoes well but don't peel. Cut each potato lengthwise into 12 wedges: Half, then cut‐side‐down cut each into half again, then carefully cut each half into three wedges.
- 3. Put the oil in a large bowl and add potato wedges, using your hands to fully coat each wedge. Then add the seasonings and mix again. Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- 4. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and turn. Bake another 10 minutes until steak fries are tender and roasted outside.
- 1. These fries pair perfectly with a batch of Veracruz Ranch Dip.