This delightful, edible wreath is a perfect centerpiece for holiday gatherings.
What you’ll need:
- Broccoli florets (amount varies based on size of platter)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1–2 yellow bell peppers (depending on size)
- Your favorite ranch dip
- Large, round platter
- Small, round bowl
- Paring knife
- Cutting board
- Star-shaped cookie cutter (paring knife can be used as back-up)
How to assemble:
- 1. Cut the broccoli into individual florets and arrange in a circle with stems facing down. If you buy whole broccoli heads, simply cut the broccoli florets into individual pieces, saving the stems for a crudité platter
- 2. Cut the yellow bell pepper in half, discard stem and seeds. Using the star-shaped cookie cutter, cut several stars out of yellow bell pepper to arrange around the top of your broccoli
- 3. Cut a red bell pepper into quarters lengthwise, again removing the stem and seeds. Use two quarters for the top of the bow — it’s best to use the top, rounded part of the pepper. Then use the other quarters for bottom of the ribbon, cutting triangles from the bottom of each piece to give the illusion of a ribbon. Finally, use a round piece of the red pepper for to finish the ribbon’s knot.
- 4. Finally, place a small bowl of your favorite ranch dip (we’re partial to this in the center and enjoy!