Prep: 15 m | Cook: 10 m
Picnic Pesto Zoodles
Courtesy of The Chew Test Kitchen
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 10 m
- Total 25 m
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 bunch basil, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup chopped nuts, i.e., almonds, walnuts or macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Ranch
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. In a food processor, add avocado, basil, walnuts, Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Ranch, lemon zest and garlic. Pulse until almost smooth. While the machine is running, slowly add olive oil and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Set spiralizer to the spaghetti noodle setting. Place zucchini in spiralizer according to package directions and twist until zucchini has been turned into noodles. If you don't have a spiralizer use a vegetable peeler to make thin zucchini ribbons. Trim noodles into 6–8 inch pieces before tossing.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss together zucchini noodles and tomatoes. Add dressing and toss to coat. Garnish with extra basil leaves. Serve chilled.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.