- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mash together the potatoes, butter and all but one tbs of dressing mix. Once smooth, mix in shredded cheddar.
- Mix together the bread crumbs with the tablespoon of ranch dressing mix you reserved earlier.
- Take small dollops of the potatoes (a tablespoon or a little less), and roll them into balls. Drop a few balls at a time into the crumb mix. Roll around and gently press down to from chubby little croquette patties.
- Place the patties on parchment lined baking sheets and spray or baste will oil. Make sure to coat them well, so you will get a crispy crumb coating.
- Once both sides have a coating of oil, bake for approximately 9 to 10 minutes until bottoms are crisp, then gently flip and bake for another 8-9 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Robin blogs over on Mom Foodie at blommi.com, where she shares her original recipes focusing on health and fun! She also covers the occasional DIY or gardening project and lifestyle topic. Leftovers come in handy during crunchtime, that often hectic time of day for many families between afterschool and dinnertime, and when you want to turn an old dish into something new and fabulous. This no-stress recipe will have your whole family lining up for more and can even get your kids helping in the kitchen. It’s great for any family who has leftover mashed potatoes to spare which cuts down on prep time. For those who don’t have mashed potatoes on hand, don’t fear as you’ll only need six ingredients to whip up this tasty dish! Prep Time: 25 mins Cook Time: 18 mins Serves: 60-80 croquettes Ingredients 4 cups cooked russet potatoes* 3 tbs softened butter 1 packet of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix (reserve 1 tbs for coating) 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese 3/4 cup bread crumbs Oil *if you have leftover mashed potatoes they will work fine, just don’t add more butter Directions